Kim's blog

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Not long to go now!

It's just over a week until I return back to Scotland! I really can't wait to get back and see everyone again, I've missed you all! But also I am sad to think that I am leaving France, it has been my home for 8 months now. Well my weekend got off to a cracking start last Friday, where I went to someone's houes for a BBQ and ended up drinking rather a lot of wine, and a spirit that tasted of apples and some really strong alcohol that I should never drink again!! Ahem yes the gathering went on until about 3.30am then I woke up 4 hours later - I was very very unwell in the morning. I certainly paid for that night. I spent the whole of Saturday sleeping, got up at 4pm, did nothing, then slept that night for 11 hours. Getting a taste for the odd glass or bottle of wine after being here. I'll be sure to bring a few bottles of wine, cider and other interesting things back with me. Pretty easy week at school, with quite a few pupils not there and the classes have all ended so all we do is play games and watch dvds. I also stand around and chat to the English teacher, which is always fun. As Mike had said, time really flies, I can't believe that my 8 months here is almost over. It has been great fun and my French is a lot better. I've become partial to the "apero" now so I'll be starting it as a trend in Scotland. Basically, people come round, you drink, you eat nibbles and you talk. Something very French. This Friday I have an apero at my house, then on Saturday I think I am going to a BBQ. Next week I will eventually have to start packing my suitcase...fingers crossed that it isn't too heavy!

So I'm looking forward to seeing you all in a weeks time, I'll post something before I leave!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home